According to SCORE: Counselors to
America’s Small Business:
“A Company that experiences a computer outage lasting more than 10 days will never fully recover financially. 50 percent will be out of business within five years.”
• 70 percent of small firms that experience a major data loss go out of business within a year.
• Companies that aren’t able to resume operations within ten days (of a disaster hit) are not likely to survive.
• Of those businesses that experience a disaster and have no emergency plan, 43 percent never reopen; of those that do reopen, only 29 percent are still operating two years later.
Unfortunately, most entrepreneurial-minded small business owners tend to ignore the possibility of disaster… thinking that they are somehow immune, or that it simply won’t happen to them. Or if catastrophe were to strike, “Somehow, we’ll be fine. We’ll figure something out.”
…Until of course, it’s too late.
The thing is, this short-sighted thinking is completely unnecessary, and completely removing your business from harm’s way is actually very simple and affordable.
You just need to recognize and acknowledge the dangers… and then take a few simple steps to protect yourself from them.
Having a partner by your side that can understand your business and industry compliance like Westchester Computer Consulting Inc, you are protecting yourself and most importantly your clients information. Here at WCC, laws governing data protection and privacy are of the utmost importance to us, which is why we strive to deliver a reliable product that provides the highest levels of security and privacy regardless of your industry:
• Medical and Dental
By partnering with us, you will scale the toughest hurdles to meet the necessary compliances for protecting data and privacy in your industry.
• Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404 for Accountants
• PCI DDS Requirements 3, 4, 7, and 9 for Retailers
• Gramm-Leach-Bliley Section 501 (b) for Bankers
• HIPAA’s Security Rules for Medical and Dental Offices
• State Legislation like MA 201 CMR 17 and similar laws
Even though these laws govern different industries, they all address three key items: protection of data from loss/destruction, encryption of data over open networks, and limited physical access to stored data.
WCC protects data from loss/destruction:
• Backups are securely off-site
• Data is stored in two Tier-IV SSAE 16 compliant data centers
• Data centers are more than 500 miles apart
• Data centers have redundant storage, network connections, power, and cooling
WCC encrypts data across open networks:
• Files encrypted locally using AES 256-bit encryption
• 128-bit encryption in transit with SSL
WCC limits physical access to stored data:
• Private encryption key not stored by WCC
• Password required in software for every restore
• 24/7 biometric security and surveillance at the data centers
Whether your are in the accounting, banking, retail, medical, or dental industries, Westchester Computer Consulting Inc can assist in meeting or exceeding regulations by properly deploying our Online Cloud Backup and Recovery Solution.