What is an IT Managed Service Provider
A managed services provider or MSP, is typically an information technology (IT) services provider that manages computer and network maintenance for businesses. This services can include (Backups, Network Monitoring, Cloud Services, Application Support, Software Upgrades, User Management), and other general tasks to keep your technology systems running smoothly within you firm.
Many small businesses are concerned with the lack of time and resources necessary to create a dedicated IT department. Maintaining an in-house IT department comes with its advantages and disadvantages, of course. But in today’s rapidly changing technology world companies of all sizes are turning to managed IT service providers to support their network and become their outsourced technology partner. Managed IT Service providers strive to keep your technology assets running at an optimal level on your behalf.
If you’re considering hiring a managed IT service provider, take these factors into consideration:
1. An IT service provider that offers comprehensive services alleviates the need for multiple vendors. Streamline your processes and find a provider with a holistic approach that can address all of your needs, from voice and data to application development.
2. You can benefit from your provider’s expertise. When you hire specialists, you won’t have to worry about finding the time and money to train and recruit the right combination of IT experts.
3. IT industry experts have the latest tools, software, and hardware. You can take advantage of these resources without dealing with the hassles of purchasing expensive equipment.
4. You can gain stability, decrease your risks, and increase security… effortlessly. With a managed service provider, you cut out employee turnover; employee development costs can become costly when paying for licensing and accreditation. Your provider should create a scheduled maintenance plan for you, ensuring your technology always stays up-to-date and secure with the latest software.
5. The number one goal of any good IT organization is to keep your systems up and running, with real-time monitoring and proper security measures, so your network remains stable and you stay in control of your business.
Not sure if the managed service provider approach is right for you? Estimate your costs and contact us to discuss your options. We’re available to answer your questions and provide you with a no-obligation quote.